Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dresser redo with mosiac tiles :)

It's been awhile.  But here is what I have been working on this week.  My Mom lived with us for a little while after selling her house.  When she moved she left us this bedroom set.  In my head I wanted to redo it for my son.  Then when I started putting away his summer clothes I realized there was an empty drawer in his one dresser and he didn't need this much storage for clothes, afterall he is a boy.  So I thought then I would redo them just for the guest room to look brighter.  As I painted other ideas started popping into my head.  I have to say I think they turned out well!

Here is the before picture, I FINALLY remembered to take one, at least of the one dresser!


















I sanded them all down to rough them up and then coated them in primer.  Then I painted them.  I found some nice put cheap knobs at Home Depot, since these pieces required so many knobs!! :-O Then when they were done I thought of these little tiles I paid $1 a sheet for on clearance at lowes about a year ago.  I have been itching to use it on something, I had a sheet and a half which wasn't quite enough for most projects.  Then it hit me as I was painting these dresser.  I was excited to use it and gives the dress a pop that I love.  Plus it feels kind of beachy to me.  I am very happy with the way they turned out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment