Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our new dream

 Our house when we first looked at it:
I have many times thought about creating a blog with all the crazy things that enter my mind and become projects around our home. Well, a blog or a reality tv show, but a blog seemed simpler.  Of course some of the ideas I get from other sources and then try myself as well.  Generally, once an idea enters my head there is little I can do to not accomplish the task somehow.  Whether involving the help from my general contractor Dad, my creative Mom, my husband who can pretty much figure anything out or just trying and sometimes failing all by myself.  With two kids at home 3 and 7 they are always around for the ride and are used to the many projects going on around in the house.  I grew up that way, my parents would be sitting on the couch and the next thing we knew they were taking out a wall (tried that once myself in our old house, it turned out pretty good too.) I enlisted the help of my Dad on that project! So here I can compile our ideas.  We have redone one house already and are on our second house.  This one was a bank owned and more work, even though we said we already redid one house and were looking for a house that didn't need any work.  Truth be told, we probably would have gotten bored.  Not that I don't get exhuasted by the amount of work we have done and have yet to still do on this house! I am attaching a before and after picture of the outside of the house.

My husband is a very visual person so to agree to do something he needs to see an example.  He saw the potential in this house all I saw was work but he wanted to play around with ideas after we looked at it.  I pulled out our paint it program and this is what we came up with (of course after this he was sold on this house)


This is what we have done so far in about 1 year and 5 months.  A lot more accomplished on the inside but we'll get to that later. We would still like to add new white grid windows one day and possibly cultured stone around the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment